Enough arrangements for devotees going to Haridwar
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Wednesday said the government is making enough arrangements in the capital to facilitate the pilgrimage of devotees to Haridwar for the annual monsson festival.
She said the city government is providing tents, water, medicines and doctors for Kanwarias (devotees) as they proceed to Haridwar or return from the pilgrim town in neighbouring Uttarakhand.
Visiting Kanwaria camps at Jafrabad, which falls under the Seelampur Assembly constituency in North East Delhi, she said these camps have become a symbol of social harmony.
Seelampur MLA Mateen Ahmed and Delhi Urs Committee chairperson Chaudhary Salauddin were also present on the occasion.
Emphasizing that the camp is an example of Hindu-Muslim unity and cultural synthesis, Dikshit said this would go a long way in establishing amity and communal harmony.
She also said these camps are unique because Kanwarias going to Haridwar are being looked after and served by people from the Muslim community. She termed the camps, which are being organised for the past 13 years, as an example for the people of the rest of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!