Espionage case accused granted interim bail
New Delhi: A Delhi court today granted
interim bail to a man accused of passing secret information to
a Pakistan High Commission official here in 2006.
District Judge Pratibha Rani allowed a plea of A K Dubey
to be released on bail for a limited period as he had never
met his family members, including wife and children, since his
imprisonment in 2006.
The court directed the accused to furnish a personal and
surety bond of Rs 50,000 each immediately as a condition to
remain on bail till September 28.
In his application, Dubey submitted that he has been in
jail in the espionage case since October 20, 2006 and has
never been able to meet his family members.
Delhi police`s Special Cell, on the other hand, opposed
his plea stating that he had indulged in a criminal conspiracy
with one Farooq then working with the Pakistan High Commission
here to pass on secret information.
According to them, he was arrested under Official Secrets
Act and IPC.
He was accused of providing information relating to
deployment of Indian Army in counter-insurgency operation and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali to compose music for 'Padmavati'
- Teenager killed in firing by security forces as Rajnath Singh visits Kashmir
- Rio Olympics highlights: Ten moments that defined the Games for Indian contingent
- Rajkummar Rao, Kriti Sanon team up for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- Altaf Hussain gives up MQM leadership after calling Pakistan 'cancer'