Eve teasing leads to ‘riot’ at Delhi Metro station
New Delhi: Delhi Metro is considered to be the safest public place in the national capital. However, passengers travelling on the city’s pride had a taste of “riots” on Tuesday evening when a group of people vandalised the Tilak Nagar station in West Delhi.
The incident, which started as an altercation between two men, turned into a big fight then eventually ended in the station being vandalised.
The brawl began when two men, allegedly in an inebriated state, passed a remark on the wife of a co-passenger. This led to an altercation between the three men and soon turned into a fight.
The CISF, which mans security on Delhi Metro premises, was called in and train halted at the Tilak Nagar Metro station.
While the security managed to end the fight, their failure to take action against the two men infuriated the couple’s family and friends who had reached the Metro station.
The led the couple’s family and friends to resort to stone pelting inside the station premises.
The police were called in to bring the situation under control.
“We are still searching for the person who initiated the fight. Accordingly, a case would be registered. Some persons who were injured in the scuffle were taken to a hospital,” Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (Railways) BUS Gurjar told a daily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NEET: What does signing of ordinance really mean for medical aspirants - Know here in 3 points
- Ever heard of banana tea? Watch why it is great for your sleep!
- Five things you must know about schizophrenia!
- Govt announces 13 winners of Fast track Smart City competition; Lucknow tops list
- CBSE result 2016 Class 10 to be declared on May 27. Check www.cbse.nic.in, www.cbseresults.nic.in