Every tenth murder in Delhi sexually motivated: Police
New Delhi: One in every 10 murders in the capital is sexually motivated, according to Delhi Police data.
The number of murders declined slightly in 2013 with 487 cases, compared to 504 in 2012 - a downfall of 3.37 percent. But 10.68 percent murders occurred because of sex related issues.
Analysis of motives in murder cases in 2013 revealed that 20.74 percent cases were due to sudden provocation or trivial issues, 16.02 percent were due to old enmity, 10.27 percent cases due to differences in the family, and 11.07 percent due to disputes over property.
While 10.68 percent cases were related to sex issues, 8.42 percent of murders were crime related.
Of these murders, 76.18 percent cases have been solved, police data revealed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa