Every tenth murder in Delhi sexually motivated: Police
New Delhi: One in every 10 murders in the capital is sexually motivated, according to Delhi Police data.
The number of murders declined slightly in 2013 with 487 cases, compared to 504 in 2012 - a downfall of 3.37 percent. But 10.68 percent murders occurred because of sex related issues.
Analysis of motives in murder cases in 2013 revealed that 20.74 percent cases were due to sudden provocation or trivial issues, 16.02 percent were due to old enmity, 10.27 percent cases due to differences in the family, and 11.07 percent due to disputes over property.
While 10.68 percent cases were related to sex issues, 8.42 percent of murders were crime related.
Of these murders, 76.18 percent cases have been solved, police data revealed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP