Evidence recovered at Dec 16 accused instance; IO tells court
New Delhi: The lady police officer on Saturday told a special court here that she arrested five out of six accused in the December 16 gang-rape case and at their instance important evidence were recovered.
The sub inspector, posted at Vasant Vihar police station here, deposed for the second day before Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna that robbed articles of the 23-year-old victim were also recovered from all the six accused, including the juvenile who is being tried before the Juvenile Justice Board.
"...On disclosure statement of the accused persons (five adult, including Ram Singh who died on March 11), they took out their clothes wearing at the time of the commission of the crime on December 16, 2012 night.
"The clothes recovered were also containing some blood stains," the investigating officer (IO), who was the last and the crucial prosecution witness in the case told the court.
She further stated that the accused persons also took out the robbed articles including clothes and other valuables of the victim and her male friend, which they had hidden soon after the incident night.
Ram Singh, who was found hanging in his cell in Tihar jail, was the first to be arrested in the case. Later, accused Pawan Gupta, Vinay Sharma and Mukesh were apprehended.
On December 21, 2012, the juvenile was apprehended from Anand Vihar bus terminal in east Delhi. The last arrest in the case was Akshay Thakur who was apprehended from Aurangabad in Bihar.
Asked whether the accused persons were identified by the victim`s friend, the IO said they were correctly recognised by the 28-year-old software engineer, also the complainant in the case.
She also said the bus, in which the brutal assault and gang-rape of the victim had taken place, was also identified by the youth.
"The complainant (victim friend) joined the investigation and, along with (IO), went to the Tyagraj Stadium where he identified the bus ... As the same bus which he and the victim had boarded and in which the incident had occurred," the IO said in her statement.
Pawan, Akshay, Vinay and Mukesh are four adult accused facing trial for brutally assaulting and gang-raping a girl in a moving bus here who later died at a Singapore hospital on December 29.
The IO is understood to be the prime witness for the prosecution in the case as she took up the probe into the case hours after the incident had taken place.
She deposed in the court that Mukesh had, during his police remand, pointed out the route of the bus from Munirka in South Delhi from where he and other co-accused had lured the duo into the bus and had raped her.
Mukesh has also pointed out the place where the girl and her friend were thrown on the road after the incident, she said.
Meanwhile, advocate AP Singh for Akshay and Vinay has filed an application before a court requesting him to see the bus and its route.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing