Evidence to arrest hawala kingpin Jain in drugs case: Court
New Delhi: A Delhi court today said
there was "sufficient material" with Narcotics Control Bureau
to arrest alleged hawala kingpin Naresh Kumar Jain for his
reported complicity in international drug trafficking trade.
"The accused has rightly been arrested. There is
sufficient material to effect his arrest under the Narcotics
Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act," Additional
Sessions Judge Sanjiv Jain said.
The court, which extended the judicial remand of Jain
till February 1, trashed his plea that he has "wrongly" been
arrested by NCB, that too at the instance of Enforcement
"The accused is involved in nefarious activities of
drugs trade and money laundering... investigation has revealed
that the proceeds of the drugs trade were being laundered
through hawala banking," Rajesh Manchanda, special public
prosecutor for NCB, told the court.
Jain was being supported by Dubai-based Ahmed Parvez,
a Pakistan national, who is now being prosecuted in Italy, in
the hawala trade, the prosecutor claimed.
Besides NCB, ED has also filed a separate case against
Jain under various provisions of Prevention of Money
Laundering Act (PMLA) for his alleged hawala transactions
relating to proceeds of drugs trade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Check Jharkhand JAC 12th Intermediate Arts Results 2015 on jac.nic.in