Ex-Army chief yet to make up mind on joining Anna, Ramdev
Gurgaon: Former Army chief V K Singh on Sunday said he is yet to make up his mind on joining any anti-corruption movement.
"I have not decided anything yet. I am still working on my own. I have come here in my own area. This is my mother`s place. We will see what happens," Singh, who had locked horns with the government, said here.
He was asked if he had made up his mind on either joining Team Anna or Ramdev`s anti-corruption movements.
The former Army chief`s statement contradicts the claim of yoga guru Ramdev`s spokesperson that Singh is set to join their anti-corruption movement over the next few weeks.
"Yes," Ramdev`s spokesperson S K Tijariwala had said yesterday when asked about the possibility of Singh joining the movement over the next few weeks.
Reacting to it, Law Minister Salman Khurshid had said yesterday that "V K Singh can don any role now after he has finished his term with the Army. I hope he gives his right date of birth before joining movement. Any officer is free to take up any role after his tenure is over in the Army."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Watch: Mars makes its closest approach to Earth in 11 years today!
- 27 flights diverted as bad weather triggers chaos in Delhi Airport
- CHSE Odisha 12th (+2) Arts and Commerce Result 2016 is expected to be declared today on 30th May - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Wow! Indian professionals 'most confident' globally, says a survey
- Here's what Jacqueline Fernandez feels about Salman Khan-Iulia Vantur marriage! Details inside