Ex-Army chief yet to make up mind on joining Anna, Ramdev
Gurgaon: Former Army chief V K Singh on Sunday said he is yet to make up his mind on joining any anti-corruption movement.
"I have not decided anything yet. I am still working on my own. I have come here in my own area. This is my mother`s place. We will see what happens," Singh, who had locked horns with the government, said here.
He was asked if he had made up his mind on either joining Team Anna or Ramdev`s anti-corruption movements.
The former Army chief`s statement contradicts the claim of yoga guru Ramdev`s spokesperson that Singh is set to join their anti-corruption movement over the next few weeks.
"Yes," Ramdev`s spokesperson S K Tijariwala had said yesterday when asked about the possibility of Singh joining the movement over the next few weeks.
Reacting to it, Law Minister Salman Khurshid had said yesterday that "V K Singh can don any role now after he has finished his term with the Army. I hope he gives his right date of birth before joining movement. Any officer is free to take up any role after his tenure is over in the Army."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what