Ex-Army personnel held guilty of killing son
New Delhi: A retired Army man has been held guilty of killing his son by a Delhi court for asking him not to fight with his mother and wife.
Additional Sessions Judge Rajneesh Kumar Gupta convicted Shish Ram for killing his son, holding that the deceased was only pursuing his father not to quarrel, but the convict shot him with his gun in a "cruel and unusual manner."
"From the evidence of prosecution witnesses (the accused wife and minor grandson), it is proved that the deceased was only pursuing the accused (Ram) not to quarrel and that there was no threat to him from the deceased.
"On the other hand, Ram shot the deceased with his gun in a close range in his chest, acting in a cruel and unusual manner," the court said.
Ram was arrested on April 6, 2009 on victim Purshotam`s wife`s complaint with Nihal Vihar police station, alleging that her husband was shot dead by her father-in-law.
The complainant had told the police that after her marriage, they along with her in-laws were living together as a joint family in West Delhi.
She said on the fateful day, a drunken Ram had picked up fight with his wife for not cooking properly and proceeded on to use filthy language against her, when her husband objected to him and asked him to keep quite.
Ram, however, became more violent and went into his room, brought his gun and fired upon her husband, she told police and later to the court.
The counsel for accused Ram had argued that his client was falsely implicated in the case.
He contended that the witnesses cited by the prosecution have not supported the case and the "wife of the deceased has deposed falsely in order to grab her father-in-law`s property".
The court, however, rejected his contention. "I am of the opinion that the prosecution has proved its case beyond reasonable doubt against Ram that he on April 6, 2009... Has committed murder of his son Purshotam with a gun.
Accordingly, the accused is convicted under Section 302 (murder) of IPC," the court said.
In order to prove its case, the prosecution had examined 22 witnesses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon