Ex-armyman gets life term for killing girl
New Delhi: A Delhi court has sentenced a
former armyman from Jharkhand to life term for killing a girl
after she spurned his advances and lodged a complaint with his
Additional Sessions Judge Aditi Chaudhary also imposed a
fine of Rs 3,000 on Bhagtu Munda, holding him guilty of
killing Suman Barla five years ago.
Munda, then a washerman with the army posted in Himachal
Pradesh, was apprehended from Ranchi on January 12, 2005. A
case was registered with Lahori Gate police station here after
a body of a girl was found on January seven in a hotel room.
According to police, he had strangled Suman Barla after
checking in the hotel with her.
The police, however, could zero in on him after it went
to Ranchi to verify the girl`s address given by him.
According to the prosecution, Munda was a friend of Suman
but as her marriage was fixed she stopped her contacts with
him and even lodged a complaint with his seniors after he made
advances towards her.
The court, following examination of different witnesses
including a waiter from the hotel, convicted Munda and
sentenced him to life term along with the fine.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'