Ex-armyman gets life term for killing girl
New Delhi: A Delhi court has sentenced a
former armyman from Jharkhand to life term for killing a girl
after she spurned his advances and lodged a complaint with his
Additional Sessions Judge Aditi Chaudhary also imposed a
fine of Rs 3,000 on Bhagtu Munda, holding him guilty of
killing Suman Barla five years ago.
Munda, then a washerman with the army posted in Himachal
Pradesh, was apprehended from Ranchi on January 12, 2005. A
case was registered with Lahori Gate police station here after
a body of a girl was found on January seven in a hotel room.
According to police, he had strangled Suman Barla after
checking in the hotel with her.
The police, however, could zero in on him after it went
to Ranchi to verify the girl`s address given by him.
According to the prosecution, Munda was a friend of Suman
but as her marriage was fixed she stopped her contacts with
him and even lodged a complaint with his seniors after he made
advances towards her.
The court, following examination of different witnesses
including a waiter from the hotel, convicted Munda and
sentenced him to life term along with the fine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...