Ex-armyman gets life term for killing girl
New Delhi: A Delhi court has sentenced a
former armyman from Jharkhand to life term for killing a girl
after she spurned his advances and lodged a complaint with his
Additional Sessions Judge Aditi Chaudhary also imposed a
fine of Rs 3,000 on Bhagtu Munda, holding him guilty of
killing Suman Barla five years ago.
Munda, then a washerman with the army posted in Himachal
Pradesh, was apprehended from Ranchi on January 12, 2005. A
case was registered with Lahori Gate police station here after
a body of a girl was found on January seven in a hotel room.
According to police, he had strangled Suman Barla after
checking in the hotel with her.
The police, however, could zero in on him after it went
to Ranchi to verify the girl`s address given by him.
According to the prosecution, Munda was a friend of Suman
but as her marriage was fixed she stopped her contacts with
him and even lodged a complaint with his seniors after he made
advances towards her.
The court, following examination of different witnesses
including a waiter from the hotel, convicted Munda and
sentenced him to life term along with the fine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes