Ex-armyman gets life term for killing girl
New Delhi: A Delhi court has sentenced a
former armyman from Jharkhand to life term for killing a girl
after she spurned his advances and lodged a complaint with his
Additional Sessions Judge Aditi Chaudhary also imposed a
fine of Rs 3,000 on Bhagtu Munda, holding him guilty of
killing Suman Barla five years ago.
Munda, then a washerman with the army posted in Himachal
Pradesh, was apprehended from Ranchi on January 12, 2005. A
case was registered with Lahori Gate police station here after
a body of a girl was found on January seven in a hotel room.
According to police, he had strangled Suman Barla after
checking in the hotel with her.
The police, however, could zero in on him after it went
to Ranchi to verify the girl`s address given by him.
According to the prosecution, Munda was a friend of Suman
but as her marriage was fixed she stopped her contacts with
him and even lodged a complaint with his seniors after he made
advances towards her.
The court, following examination of different witnesses
including a waiter from the hotel, convicted Munda and
sentenced him to life term along with the fine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 85 seats, BJP in 53; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race