Ex-Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal to shift into Civil Lines Bungalow
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The house hunt of former chief minister and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal finally got over on Friday as he has zeroed-in on a bungalow in Civil Lines area of north Delhi and is expected to move out of his official Tilak Lane residence by early next month.
Kejriwal wrote on microblogging website twitter - "I have finally decided upon a house offered by Naren Jain in Civil Lines area. Thanks Narenji."
I have finally decided upon a house offered by Sh Naren Jain in Civil Lines area. Thanks Naren ji.
— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) June 20, 2014
Jain is the son of former Congress MP from Chandni Chowk Bhiku Ram Jain, and describes himself as a businessman, who rents out properties in Delhi.
When contacted, Jain initially refused that the house was being given to Kejriwal on rent. However, hours later he admitted that the house was indeed being given to the Aam Aadmi Party chief.
"I had asked my broker to rent out the house. So when he decided to give the property on rent to Kejriwal, I had no idea that it was being given to him," he said.
The house has four bedrooms and bathrooms, a kitchen, a dining room and a hall. It also has a barsaati, basement and small gardens in front and rear of the house.
The house once belonged to Salman Rushdie`s father, but it was sold out in 1960s. The property was bought by Jain in 2005 and has been lying vacant since then.
There were reports that the house may be given on rent of Re 1 per month, but Jain has denied this.
"The rent has not been decided yet. It will be mutually decided and would be given at a concessional rate and the agreement process should be over by next month. The house may fetch a rent of Rs 50,000-60,000 per month," Jain said.
Kejriwal moving out of the government accommodation, which he received as the Delhi Chief Minister, assumes significance as the issue of him staying in the house even after quiting had been raised by opposition parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender