Ex-Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal to shift into Civil Lines Bungalow
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The house hunt of former chief minister and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal finally got over on Friday as he has zeroed-in on a bungalow in Civil Lines area of north Delhi and is expected to move out of his official Tilak Lane residence by early next month.
Kejriwal wrote on microblogging website twitter - "I have finally decided upon a house offered by Naren Jain in Civil Lines area. Thanks Narenji."
I have finally decided upon a house offered by Sh Naren Jain in Civil Lines area. Thanks Naren ji.
— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) June 20, 2014
Jain is the son of former Congress MP from Chandni Chowk Bhiku Ram Jain, and describes himself as a businessman, who rents out properties in Delhi.
When contacted, Jain initially refused that the house was being given to Kejriwal on rent. However, hours later he admitted that the house was indeed being given to the Aam Aadmi Party chief.
"I had asked my broker to rent out the house. So when he decided to give the property on rent to Kejriwal, I had no idea that it was being given to him," he said.
The house has four bedrooms and bathrooms, a kitchen, a dining room and a hall. It also has a barsaati, basement and small gardens in front and rear of the house.
The house once belonged to Salman Rushdie`s father, but it was sold out in 1960s. The property was bought by Jain in 2005 and has been lying vacant since then.
There were reports that the house may be given on rent of Re 1 per month, but Jain has denied this.
"The rent has not been decided yet. It will be mutually decided and would be given at a concessional rate and the agreement process should be over by next month. The house may fetch a rent of Rs 50,000-60,000 per month," Jain said.
Kejriwal moving out of the government accommodation, which he received as the Delhi Chief Minister, assumes significance as the issue of him staying in the house even after quiting had been raised by opposition parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!