Ex-Delhi Mayor`s nephew sent to Tihar for 14-day in rape case
New Delhi: Former Delhi Mayor`s nephew, arrested for allegedly raping a Russian woman and molesting a US national, has been remanded in 14-day judicial custody by a Delhi court.
Rajeev Panwar, nephew of former mayor Jayshree Panwar, was arrested on June 24 for the alleged offence committed in his flat rented to the foreigners.
Rajeev, whose father is a government employee, was sent to Tihar jail till July 8 after he was produced before Metropolitan Magistrate Ankit Singla.
Rajeev, whose grandfather was a Member of Parliament and President Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee, was arrested on the complaint lodged by the American woman.
According to the complaint, on June 24 night Rajeev, after partying with the two alleged victims and husband of the US woman, raped the Russian woman and then trespassed in to the US woman`s flat and molested her while she was sleeping.
Police sources said the two women were staying in the same building, but in different flats, owned by Rajeev.
It further stated that Rajeev was invited by the trio on the night of the incident as he was a friend with the Russian woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead