Ex-DU employee who self-immolated over molestation dies
New Delhi: A former employee of a Delhi University college who had set herself ablaze over alleged sexual harassment its principal, died here Monday, police said.
"Pavitra Bhardwaj died at the LNJP (Lok Nayak Jaiprakash Narayan) Hospital this (Monday) morning," a police officer told a news agency.
Bhardwaj, 40, had immolated herself outside Delhi Secretariat in central Delhi Sep 30, police said.
She had suffered 90 percent burns.
Bhardwaj was sacked from the college in 2009, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah