Ex-DU employee who self-immolated over molestation dies
New Delhi: A former employee of a Delhi University college who had set herself ablaze over alleged sexual harassment its principal, died here Monday, police said.
"Pavitra Bhardwaj died at the LNJP (Lok Nayak Jaiprakash Narayan) Hospital this (Monday) morning," a police officer told a news agency.
Bhardwaj, 40, had immolated herself outside Delhi Secretariat in central Delhi Sep 30, police said.
She had suffered 90 percent burns.
Bhardwaj was sacked from the college in 2009, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter