Ex-IAF man, wife among five held for duping youths
New Delhi: A former Air Force employee, his wife and three others were arrested for allegedly cheating several youths to the tune of lakhs of rupees on the pretext of providing them job in the Indian Railways.
45-year-old Narender, a former Corporal with the Air Force, Renu, Nakshe Lal Mishra, Nand Kishore and Manish were arrested by Delhi Police in separate operations. After arresting them, police also recovered forged recommendation letters of Railway Ministry from them.
The arrests and unearthing of the racket came based on complaints filed by Haryana resident Surender Singh and P L Mimrothi of New Delhi that Kumar and his wife Renu have cheated them and others of several lakhs of rupees.
The gang used to select gullible youths and cheat them of several lakhs of rupees on the pretext of providing them job in the Indian Railways. The gang also used to give them fake appointment orders after brining them to the Rail Bhawan, the Indian Railways headquarters.
While Renu was arrested by police on March 3, Narender Kumar managed to escape the police net and went into hiding. After over a month of intensive searches, police arrested Kumar based on whose information Nikshe Lal Mishra, Nand Kishore and Manish were arrested.
"Narender left the job from Air Force in the year 1992 where he was working as corporal. He along with his wife Renu and his son Anand, planned to cheat the unemployed persons by giving them false assurance of appointment in Railway Service," Devesh Chandra Srivastva, Additional Commissioner of Police, Central District, said.
In the process of cheating the victims, the gang members used to take the victims to Railway Bhawan, where they were made to stand outside while one of the members would come out and then give them appointment letters.
"Subsequently after some days, the victims would be taken to Railway Hospital, Old Delhi, where their "medical" test was done. Nand Kishore already working as peon at the hospital facilitated examination," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire