Ex-IAF man, wife among five held for duping youths
New Delhi: A former Air Force employee, his wife and three others were arrested for allegedly cheating several youths to the tune of lakhs of rupees on the pretext of providing them job in the Indian Railways.
45-year-old Narender, a former Corporal with the Air Force, Renu, Nakshe Lal Mishra, Nand Kishore and Manish were arrested by Delhi Police in separate operations. After arresting them, police also recovered forged recommendation letters of Railway Ministry from them.
The arrests and unearthing of the racket came based on complaints filed by Haryana resident Surender Singh and P L Mimrothi of New Delhi that Kumar and his wife Renu have cheated them and others of several lakhs of rupees.
The gang used to select gullible youths and cheat them of several lakhs of rupees on the pretext of providing them job in the Indian Railways. The gang also used to give them fake appointment orders after brining them to the Rail Bhawan, the Indian Railways headquarters.
While Renu was arrested by police on March 3, Narender Kumar managed to escape the police net and went into hiding. After over a month of intensive searches, police arrested Kumar based on whose information Nikshe Lal Mishra, Nand Kishore and Manish were arrested.
"Narender left the job from Air Force in the year 1992 where he was working as corporal. He along with his wife Renu and his son Anand, planned to cheat the unemployed persons by giving them false assurance of appointment in Railway Service," Devesh Chandra Srivastva, Additional Commissioner of Police, Central District, said.
In the process of cheating the victims, the gang members used to take the victims to Railway Bhawan, where they were made to stand outside while one of the members would come out and then give them appointment letters.
"Subsequently after some days, the victims would be taken to Railway Hospital, Old Delhi, where their "medical" test was done. Nand Kishore already working as peon at the hospital facilitated examination," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued