Ex-ITBP trooper kills self at Metro station
Noida: A retired commandant of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police Tuesday committed suicide by jumping before a Delhi Metro train in this Uttar Pradesh town, police said.
The incident happened at the Botanical Garden station in Noida`s Sector 39 around 3 pm.
Senior Superintendent of Police Pritinder Singh told IANS that the dead man was Chandra Shekhar Joshi. He said police were trying to ascertain the reasons for the suicide.
The Metro service was stopped for 10 minutes due to the incident, an official said. Delhi Metro trains also ply to Noida in Uttar Pradesh and Gurgaon in Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY