Ex-ITBP trooper kills self at Metro station
Noida: A retired commandant of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police Tuesday committed suicide by jumping before a Delhi Metro train in this Uttar Pradesh town, police said.
The incident happened at the Botanical Garden station in Noida`s Sector 39 around 3 pm.
Senior Superintendent of Police Pritinder Singh told IANS that the dead man was Chandra Shekhar Joshi. He said police were trying to ascertain the reasons for the suicide.
The Metro service was stopped for 10 minutes due to the incident, an official said. Delhi Metro trains also ply to Noida in Uttar Pradesh and Gurgaon in Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey