Ex-MLA’s plea in cheating case dismissed
New Delhi: The pleas of former MLA Ranbir Singh Kharab and his wife Anita to absolve them of charges of cheating a woman by making her invest Rs 8 lakh in their firm on promise of doubling her money, have been dismissed by a Delhi court.
Additional Sessions Judge Rajneesh Kumar Gupta dismissed the plea of former independent MLA from Najafgarh and his wife, a case of cheating and criminal conspiracy is made out against the couple.
"I have perused the allegations made in the FIR and the statement of the witnesses and the other material on record. There are specific allegations against the petitioners that they, after making the false promise, induced complainant to invest Rs 8 lakhs in their company Jyoti Fair Finance Pvt Ltd. Accused Ranbir Singh`s wife Anita Kharab is allegedly the active Director of the company.
"The petitioners have allegedly made the false promise that they would pay an interest at the rate of three percent per month or to double the amount after three years. They have not returned the alleged amount and have used the same for their personal use," the court said.
The sessions court gave its order on the couple`s plea, who had come in appeal against an August 2011 order of the magisterial court, which had framed charges of criminal conspiracy and cheating against them.
The prosecution had said accused Ranbir Singh and his wife Anita, an active Director of the company Jyoti Fair Finance Pvt Ltd based at Uttam Nagar here, had in February 2001 induced Kamlesh to invest Rs eight lakh in their company assuring her of good returns on her investment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble