Ex-MLA’s plea in cheating case dismissed
New Delhi: The pleas of former MLA Ranbir Singh Kharab and his wife Anita to absolve them of charges of cheating a woman by making her invest Rs 8 lakh in their firm on promise of doubling her money, have been dismissed by a Delhi court.
Additional Sessions Judge Rajneesh Kumar Gupta dismissed the plea of former independent MLA from Najafgarh and his wife, a case of cheating and criminal conspiracy is made out against the couple.
"I have perused the allegations made in the FIR and the statement of the witnesses and the other material on record. There are specific allegations against the petitioners that they, after making the false promise, induced complainant to invest Rs 8 lakhs in their company Jyoti Fair Finance Pvt Ltd. Accused Ranbir Singh`s wife Anita Kharab is allegedly the active Director of the company.
"The petitioners have allegedly made the false promise that they would pay an interest at the rate of three percent per month or to double the amount after three years. They have not returned the alleged amount and have used the same for their personal use," the court said.
The sessions court gave its order on the couple`s plea, who had come in appeal against an August 2011 order of the magisterial court, which had framed charges of criminal conspiracy and cheating against them.
The prosecution had said accused Ranbir Singh and his wife Anita, an active Director of the company Jyoti Fair Finance Pvt Ltd based at Uttam Nagar here, had in February 2001 induced Kamlesh to invest Rs eight lakh in their company assuring her of good returns on her investment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?