Ex-MP Veena Verma`s farmhouse burgled in Delhi
New Delhi: A farmhouse belonging to former Rajya Sabha member Veena Verma here in the capital was burgled, police said on Tuesday.
She is the mother of arms dealer Abhishek Verma, an accused in the 2006 Naval War Room leak case.
The burglars broke into Verma`s farmhouse in Vasant Kunj of south Delhi Sunday night. They stole articles and valuables worth thousands of rupees, said a police officer.
According to the officer, the stolen items include some perfume bottles, sunglasses, sarees, blazers, decoratives and a music system.
The victim did not mention if any documents were missing after the burglary.
A case was registered Monday when one of Verma`s servants approached the police after finding that the lock on the main door was broken.
The servant told police that he and the other servants were in the servants` quarters when the burglary took place.
Verma was not present at her farmhouse when the break-in took place.
The officer said the farmhouse is the place from where Central Bureau of Investigation had recovered several documents, leaked from the Directorate of Naval Operations, related to the 2006 Naval War Room leak case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!