Ex-MP Veena Verma`s farmhouse burgled in Delhi
New Delhi: A farmhouse belonging to former Rajya Sabha member Veena Verma here in the capital was burgled, police said on Tuesday.
She is the mother of arms dealer Abhishek Verma, an accused in the 2006 Naval War Room leak case.
The burglars broke into Verma`s farmhouse in Vasant Kunj of south Delhi Sunday night. They stole articles and valuables worth thousands of rupees, said a police officer.
According to the officer, the stolen items include some perfume bottles, sunglasses, sarees, blazers, decoratives and a music system.
The victim did not mention if any documents were missing after the burglary.
A case was registered Monday when one of Verma`s servants approached the police after finding that the lock on the main door was broken.
The servant told police that he and the other servants were in the servants` quarters when the burglary took place.
Verma was not present at her farmhouse when the break-in took place.
The officer said the farmhouse is the place from where Central Bureau of Investigation had recovered several documents, leaked from the Directorate of Naval Operations, related to the 2006 Naval War Room leak case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy