Experts to discuss terror fear to aviation sector
New Delhi: With the aviation sector being
under a perpetual terror threat, aviation and security experts
will hold a meeting here on Tuesday to analyze challenges
faced by the industry and suggest corrective measures.
The huge growth in air travel has made every airport a
potential terror target, with over 600 million people flying
each year across the globe and millions of bags that go along
A day-long conference, being organized by Aviation Watch,
would have experts from the aviation sector, security and
related agencies discussing the potential threats.
Representatives of companies, which produce high-tech
security equipment, technologies and software capable of
securing the airports, would also be present.
Former Civil Aviation Secretary Ajay Prasad, former chief
of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security SR Mehra, Airports
Authority of India Chairman VP Agarwal and chiefs of security
of Indian carriers would participate in the conference.
The conference would provide stakeholders the opportunity
to explore various security equipment and technologies that
enhance safety at airports without causing undue inconvenience
to passengers, the organizers said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics