Explosion at petrol pump in Delhi as car drives off with nozzle plugged
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha
New Delhi: In a shocking accident at a petrol pump in New Delhi`s Vasant Kunj, the machine caught fire, triggering an explosion after a car drove off without the nozzle being unplugged from the vehicle, hurting two, reports said Sunday.
The incident happened as a car, which had come to the petrol pump for a refill, accidentally drove off with the nozzle still in the car. The car sped off, leading the petrol pump machine to get uprooted and dragged along for a while. The sparks caused fire, which further triggered an explosion. Two pump workers were injured in the accident, with one of them said to have received severe injuries.
Both the injured ones have been taken to the hospital for treatment.
Zee News visuals showed huge plumes of fire leaping up from the machine. Fire tenders rushed to the spot and managed to douse the fire, which could otherwise cause greater damage.
The incident highlights that how the people in the country`s capital, which is already notorious for road rage incidents, are always in a fatal hurry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened