Explosion at petrol pump in Delhi as car drives off with nozzle plugged
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha
New Delhi: In a shocking accident at a petrol pump in New Delhi`s Vasant Kunj, the machine caught fire, triggering an explosion after a car drove off without the nozzle being unplugged from the vehicle, hurting two, reports said Sunday.
The incident happened as a car, which had come to the petrol pump for a refill, accidentally drove off with the nozzle still in the car. The car sped off, leading the petrol pump machine to get uprooted and dragged along for a while. The sparks caused fire, which further triggered an explosion. Two pump workers were injured in the accident, with one of them said to have received severe injuries.
Both the injured ones have been taken to the hospital for treatment.
Zee News visuals showed huge plumes of fire leaping up from the machine. Fire tenders rushed to the spot and managed to douse the fire, which could otherwise cause greater damage.
The incident highlights that how the people in the country`s capital, which is already notorious for road rage incidents, are always in a fatal hurry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire