Explosion at petrol pump in Delhi as car drives off with nozzle plugged
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha
New Delhi: In a shocking accident at a petrol pump in New Delhi`s Vasant Kunj, the machine caught fire, triggering an explosion after a car drove off without the nozzle being unplugged from the vehicle, hurting two, reports said Sunday.
The incident happened as a car, which had come to the petrol pump for a refill, accidentally drove off with the nozzle still in the car. The car sped off, leading the petrol pump machine to get uprooted and dragged along for a while. The sparks caused fire, which further triggered an explosion. Two pump workers were injured in the accident, with one of them said to have received severe injuries.
Both the injured ones have been taken to the hospital for treatment.
Zee News visuals showed huge plumes of fire leaping up from the machine. Fire tenders rushed to the spot and managed to douse the fire, which could otherwise cause greater damage.
The incident highlights that how the people in the country`s capital, which is already notorious for road rage incidents, are always in a fatal hurry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use