Extension of Delhi Metro from Badarpur to Faridabad by Sep 14
Chandigarh: The Rs 2,494 crore project of extension of Delhi Metro from Badarpur to YMCA Chowk, Faridabad is expected to be completed by September 2014.
The project will cover a length of 13.875 kilometres, a spokesperson of Haryana Town and Country Planning Department said, adding that a memorandum of agreement was signed with Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRCL) in March 2012 for implementation of the project.
The Haryana government`s share in this project is Rs 1557.40 crore and the government has released Rs 437.07 crore upto November 30, 2013 for it.
Extension of Delhi Metro from Mundka to Bahadurgarh is expected to be completed by March 2016, the spokesman said.
The Haryana government will provide 10 acres of land for setting up of a metro depot near Bahadurgarh and a sum of Rs 124 crore has been released to Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited for implementation of this project.
There is also a proposal to develop Airport Express Link to provide connectivity to the Indira Gandhi International Airport to the residents of Gurgaon, the spokesman said.
Detailed Project Report (DPR) has been prepared by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation. As per DPR, the route length of the project is 11.898 kilometres with the project cost of Rs 2175 crore.
The government has approved the option of extension of Airport Express Link from Sector-21 Dwarka to IFFCO Chowk Gurgaon. The project will be started only after the approval of the Union government, he said.
With a view to establish better connectivity between Panchkula, Mohali and Chandigarh through Metro, a comprehensive mobility plan for Chandigarh Urban Complex has been prepared by UT Administration, he said.
The total length of this project will be 37.573 kms, out of which 6.406-kms-long metro rail line would be laid from Housing Board Chowk to Sector-21, Panchkula in the first phase, he said adding that the estimated total project cost is Rs 10,900 crore, out of this the Haryana government`s share will be Rs 1,228 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender