‘Extra-marital affair led to Deepak Bhardwaj’s murder`
New Delhi: Delhi Police, which cracked the Deepak Bhardwaj murder case recently, suspects that extra-marital affair could be one of the reasons behind the killing of the BSP leader and the business tycoon, said reports on Friday.
According to Delhi Police, the conspiracy to kill Deepak Bhardwaj was hatched in January and the late businessman’s younger son Nitesh, his mother Ramesh Kumari and their lawyer Baljeet met Swami Pratibhanand, a self-styled godman, in this regard.
Although, the police is yet to find a motive behind the BSP leader’s murder, it suspects that immediate provocation could have been Bhardwaj`s relationship with a woman from Uttarakhand.
According to police, Bhardwaj’s family feared that he would marry the woman in question from Uttarakhand and hence she would inherit all his property.
The family also feared that in the event of Bhardwaj’s marriage with another woman, his first wife and two sons will get nothing.
Delhi Police recently arrested Nitesh and his close aide and lawyer Baljeet in connection with the business tycoon’s murder.
During the interrogation, the two men accepted hatching the conspiracy to kill Bhardwaj. Baljeet, who is also a property dealer, wanted to contest elections and needed funds.
Bhardwaj’s younger son Nitesh had allegedly offered him unlimited money in lieu of his help in eliminating his father.
The police have alleged that Baljeet asked for Rs five crore to have Bhardwaj killed. Nitesh, they alleged, had paid him Rs 50 lakh, of which he gave Rs 10 lakh to Pratibhanand, who hired two contract killers.
Pratibhanand, who is still absconding, is believd to have paid them Rs. four lakh to arrange for a car and guns. The cops have now concluded that the money given to the contract killers actually belonged to the BSP leader and allegedly came from his real estate deals.
Meanwhile, the two alleged shooters, Purushottam Rana and Sunil Mann arrested earlier, will be produced before a Delhi court today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi