‘Extra-marital affair led to Deepak Bhardwaj’s murder`
New Delhi: Delhi Police, which cracked the Deepak Bhardwaj murder case recently, suspects that extra-marital affair could be one of the reasons behind the killing of the BSP leader and the business tycoon, said reports on Friday.
According to Delhi Police, the conspiracy to kill Deepak Bhardwaj was hatched in January and the late businessman’s younger son Nitesh, his mother Ramesh Kumari and their lawyer Baljeet met Swami Pratibhanand, a self-styled godman, in this regard.
Although, the police is yet to find a motive behind the BSP leader’s murder, it suspects that immediate provocation could have been Bhardwaj`s relationship with a woman from Uttarakhand.
According to police, Bhardwaj’s family feared that he would marry the woman in question from Uttarakhand and hence she would inherit all his property.
The family also feared that in the event of Bhardwaj’s marriage with another woman, his first wife and two sons will get nothing.
Delhi Police recently arrested Nitesh and his close aide and lawyer Baljeet in connection with the business tycoon’s murder.
During the interrogation, the two men accepted hatching the conspiracy to kill Bhardwaj. Baljeet, who is also a property dealer, wanted to contest elections and needed funds.
Bhardwaj’s younger son Nitesh had allegedly offered him unlimited money in lieu of his help in eliminating his father.
The police have alleged that Baljeet asked for Rs five crore to have Bhardwaj killed. Nitesh, they alleged, had paid him Rs 50 lakh, of which he gave Rs 10 lakh to Pratibhanand, who hired two contract killers.
Pratibhanand, who is still absconding, is believd to have paid them Rs. four lakh to arrange for a car and guns. The cops have now concluded that the money given to the contract killers actually belonged to the BSP leader and allegedly came from his real estate deals.
Meanwhile, the two alleged shooters, Purushottam Rana and Sunil Mann arrested earlier, will be produced before a Delhi court today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof