`Fake doctor` arrested in Delhi
New Delhi: A `fake doctor`, who introduced himself as a medical practitioner to doctors from various hospitals, was arrested for allegedly cheating them of thousands of rupees, police said today.
Harish Goswami, who hails from Almora district in Uttarakhand, was arrested yesterday based on a complaint from Dr Surender Kumar, Senior Orthopedician of RML Hospital.
In his complaint, Kumar had alleged that Goswami introduced himself as a doctor of RML hospital and persuaded him for a loan of Rs 15,000 on the pretext that his grandmother was seriously ill.
"After few days, he again borrowed Rs 5,000 each from him and two other doctors of RML Hospital. When he was not seen in the hospital for many days, Kumar got suspicious and checked the particulars of Goswami and was shocked to know that he was not a doctor," a senior police official said.
During interrogation, Goswami said he used to frequently visit his uncle who was working at PGI Hospital, Chandigarh.
"He got well acquainted with the working in Govt Hospitals. He also wanted to become a doctor, but could not succeed. He did his graduation through correspondence. He projected himself to be a doctor in public life.
For this purpose he stole the blank ID Cards of AIIMS Hospital from Administrative Department and placed his photo and fake stamp and signatures of Director AIIMS Hospital," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?