Fake job racket: Storekeeper detained at IGI airpo
New Delhi: A storekeeper was detained from the IGI airport on Saturday by CISF personnel after two youths claimed that he had duped them of Rs 1 lakh on the pretext of providing jobs in a private airline.
According to a senior CISF official, the youths Pawan and Dinesh Rana approached CISF security men at the arrival terminal of the airport and told them that they are looking for a person who has allegedly taken Rs 1 lakh from them in lieu of a job for them in Indigo Airlines.
"Finding their statements fishy, the CISF staff took them to the CCTV room and asked them to identify the person who has offered them the job at the airport. They spotted the man in the footage and we apprehended him," the official said.
The youth, identified as one Saurabh Kumar, works as a storekeeper at a franchise called `A to Z` at the airport, the official said.
He was handed over to the Delhi Police for further probe. Following his interrogation, three others have been identified who are supposedly running a fake job racket from the IGI airport, the official said.
The CISF also found a number of fake appointment letters of various airlines from Kumar`s possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- SIT arrests Ex-BSEB secretary for 'involvement' in Intermediate toppers scam
- Wimbledon is Roger Federer's best chance but Novak Djokovic is the man to beat: Boris Becker
- Would-be suicide bombers target mosque in Nigeria
- Malaysian PM reshuffles cabinet amid speculation of snap poll
- Chinese Asst Minister terms border dispute and 'some other issues' as major challenges for Sino-Indian bilateral ties