Fake medical college: Ramadoss under CBI scanner
New Delhi: Former Health Minister Anbumani
Ramadoss is under CBI scanner with the agency finalising its
charge sheet which names him for his alleged help to a Indore
based medical college to get MCI accreditation even though it
was not eligible for the same.
The agency has sought government nod for prosecution of
two Health Ministry officials -- a Deputy secretary and an
under secretary -- and two doctors of Safdarjung Medical
College, CBI sources said.
They said Ramadoss could be made an accused in the
charge sheet which would be filed once sanction for
prosecution is received from the Ministry.
It is alleged that in the year 2008, Medical Council of
India refused permission to Indore-based Index Medical college
for admissions of its second batch.
The college had then approached the Supreme Court which
asked both MCI and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare to
conduct an inspection of the college afresh and inform the
court on September 26, 2008, the CBI sources said.
They said the MCI inspection report again showed
deficiencies in the college infrastructure, especially
manpower. However, the Ministry constituted a team of two
doctors from Safdarjung Hospital, which conducted inspection
on September 25.
A day later, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
allegedly granted permission to the said college on the basis
of the inspection. The sources said false records were
allegedly created regarding facilities and manpower which
formed the basis for grant of permission by the Ministry.
When contacted over phone, Ramadoss`s Personal Assistant
Swaminathan said there was nothing in the case and CBI has not
finalised the name of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report