Fake rape victims a danger to society: Court
New Delhi: Women who file false rape cases are a danger to the society as the courts and public would start disbelieving the real victims, a Delhi court has said.
Additional Sessions Judge R Tewari made the remark while acquitting a woman and discharging a man from a false case of gang-rape, lodged by another woman working as a district court employee.
"Such alleged (fake) victims of rape are potentially dangerous to the society in the sense that from tomorrow onwards the general public as well as the courts will start disbelieving the version given by even the real victims of rape," the judge said while acquitting the woman.
The court acquitted her of the charges of hatching the criminal conspiracy with four men to abduct and rape the complainant saying "right from the beginning till the end she (complainant) narrated a story, the facts of which could not be reconciled at all."
While one of the four men, accused of abducting and raping the woman, was discharged earlier, three others were declared proclaimed offenders.
The court further observed that the "alleged (fake) victim" is not afraid of the consequences of falsely implicating someone in a rape case as she works in one of the district courts here and added that she is a "cold-blooded thinker" as she does not repent the allegations made by her.
"Prosecutrix (alleged victim) admittedly working in a district court has no fear or by virtue of her said job her fear has gone out of her mind towards the law and she can play with the law and legal procedures as a master juggler and she can go to any extent by levelling allegations against anyone..
"I have no hesitation in drawing an inference that she is a cold-blooded thinker whereby she can implicate any person, having inadvertence towards the consequences and at the same time, she has no repentance over her said false allegations," the court said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared