Falak still battling for life
New Delhi: Battling for life for the past 43
days at a hospital, battered baby Falak has shown no
signs of improvement and continues to remain critical but
stable, doctors said.
"Her condition is still critical but stable. She has not
been off the ventilator for 24 hours at a stretch.She still
needs artificial respiratory support," Dr Deepak Agarwal, who
has been attending on her since January 18, said.
Falak was brought to the hospital with severe head
injuries, broken arms, bite marks all over her body and cheeks
branded with hot iron.
Dr Agarwal said, "She has undergone five life saving
surgeries. With the nature of injury suffered in her brain,
she might end up being mentally challenged or in a vegetative
state for the rest of her life. The superficial wounds have
healed, the marks are yet to go.
"We will shift her to the ward in a few days once she is
able to breathe on her own," he added.
Moved by the plight of Falak, Indians as well people from
the US and Canada have approached doctors, expressing their
desire to adopt her.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!