Falak still battling for life
New Delhi: Battling for life for the past 43
days at a hospital, battered baby Falak has shown no
signs of improvement and continues to remain critical but
stable, doctors said.
"Her condition is still critical but stable. She has not
been off the ventilator for 24 hours at a stretch.She still
needs artificial respiratory support," Dr Deepak Agarwal, who
has been attending on her since January 18, said.
Falak was brought to the hospital with severe head
injuries, broken arms, bite marks all over her body and cheeks
branded with hot iron.
Dr Agarwal said, "She has undergone five life saving
surgeries. With the nature of injury suffered in her brain,
she might end up being mentally challenged or in a vegetative
state for the rest of her life. The superficial wounds have
healed, the marks are yet to go.
"We will shift her to the ward in a few days once she is
able to breathe on her own," he added.
Moved by the plight of Falak, Indians as well people from
the US and Canada have approached doctors, expressing their
desire to adopt her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir