Falak still battling for life
New Delhi: Battling for life for the past 43
days at a hospital, battered baby Falak has shown no
signs of improvement and continues to remain critical but
stable, doctors said.
"Her condition is still critical but stable. She has not
been off the ventilator for 24 hours at a stretch.She still
needs artificial respiratory support," Dr Deepak Agarwal, who
has been attending on her since January 18, said.
Falak was brought to the hospital with severe head
injuries, broken arms, bite marks all over her body and cheeks
branded with hot iron.
Dr Agarwal said, "She has undergone five life saving
surgeries. With the nature of injury suffered in her brain,
she might end up being mentally challenged or in a vegetative
state for the rest of her life. The superficial wounds have
healed, the marks are yet to go.
"We will shift her to the ward in a few days once she is
able to breathe on her own," he added.
Moved by the plight of Falak, Indians as well people from
the US and Canada have approached doctors, expressing their
desire to adopt her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH