Falak`s brain infection has started subsiding: Doc
New Delhi: Two-year-old Falak on Friday showed
some signs of improvement with doctors saying the infection in
her brain has started subsiding.
Doctors are waiting for the infection to come down
further to conduct another life saving surgery on her.
"Finally the infection in her brain is receding. The
sample culture of the brain today showed no infection. If
similar results come forth in the next couple of days then we
can plan to conduct the shunt surgery on her," said AIIMS
neurosurgeon Deepak Agarwal, who has been treating the girl
since January 18.
"Since she cannot breathe on her own we have kept her on
ventilator support. She is still critical but stable," he
Doctors are, however, not hopeful of Falak leading a
normal life even after she recovers from her injuries. "The
infection in her brain has overstayed. It must have affected
parts of her brain and this might in turn deprive her of a
normal life in future."
On February 14, Munni, a 22-year-old woman who claimed to
be her mother, visited her for the first time at the AIIMS
Falak was brought to the hospital on January 18 with
severe head injuries, broken arms, bite marks all over her
body and cheeks branded with hot iron.
Doctors had conducted a fourth life saving surgery on
Falak on Tuesday as an alternative attempt to contain the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note