False fire alarm in Parliament Annexe
New Delhi: Plumes of smoke due to welding work on Wednesday triggered a fire alarm in Parliament Annexe Wednesday afternoon prompting fire brigade to rush vehicles to the spot.
However, it soon came to light that there was no fire in the high security complex as per the call received by the Delhi Fire Department.
"It was a good intention call. There was smoke due to welding work in the Annexe. As per our procedure, we rushed fire tenders there but found that no fire had broken out," fire brigade officials said.
Six fire tenders have been rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof