Families of CRPF men distribute spare household items in slums
New Delhi: The families of CRPF personnel
have collected unused and spare household items to be
distributed in the slums of the national capital.
Old umbrellas, plastic sheets, rain coats, shoes, toys,
clothes, teacups, plates, flower vases, steel glasses, plates,
spoons, old bed sheets, pillow covers, old text-books,
stationery, old school bags, tiffin boxes, colour boxes and
crayon sets are among the items collected for distribution.
A good number of contributions have come from children of
the CRPF school in the national capital and other places.
The initiative has been undertaken by the wives welfare
association of the force.
President of the association, Soni Srivastava -- wife of
CRPF Chief Vikram Srivastava -- said the initiative will be
carried out in areas where the force has a presence.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has almost
three-lakh personnel in its ranks and is mandated to perform
law and order, anti-naxal, counter-insurgency and other
internal security related duties in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'