Families of CRPF men distribute spare household items in slums
New Delhi: The families of CRPF personnel
have collected unused and spare household items to be
distributed in the slums of the national capital.
Old umbrellas, plastic sheets, rain coats, shoes, toys,
clothes, teacups, plates, flower vases, steel glasses, plates,
spoons, old bed sheets, pillow covers, old text-books,
stationery, old school bags, tiffin boxes, colour boxes and
crayon sets are among the items collected for distribution.
A good number of contributions have come from children of
the CRPF school in the national capital and other places.
The initiative has been undertaken by the wives welfare
association of the force.
President of the association, Soni Srivastava -- wife of
CRPF Chief Vikram Srivastava -- said the initiative will be
carried out in areas where the force has a presence.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has almost
three-lakh personnel in its ranks and is mandated to perform
law and order, anti-naxal, counter-insurgency and other
internal security related duties in the country.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India