Ballia: A year after the death of the 23-year-old woman who was brutally gangraped by six men in a bus in Delhi, her family has decided to set up a trust in her name to help women facing atrocities.
The father of the victim, who visited their native village near here on the first anniversary of the death of his daughter, said they would also seek the support of people to set up the trust.
He said the family has not yet overcome the grief of the loss of their daughter, a year after the incident. Alleging that politicians only pretend, he said the promises made have not been fulfilled and expressed disappointment that none of the political leader had visited the village on the anniversary.
The father rued that the victim`s brother was yet to be given a job as promised by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
He said that the family would be content only after all the accused were given capital punishment. Six persons, including a juvenile, had brutally gangraped and assaulted the 23-year-old paramedic in a moving bus in south Delhi on December 16, last year. The victim had died in a Singapore hospital on December 29.
While one accused had allegedly committed suicide in Tihar jail, the juvenile was sentenced to three years in reform home, the maximum punishment for under-age criminals for any offence.
After being sentenced to death by a trial court in September, the other four accused Akshay, Vinay, Pawan Gupta and Mukesh are facing trial in Delhi High Court.