Family of road mishap victim given Rs 20 lakh
New Delhi: The family of a government
official, who was crushed to death in a road mishap, has been
awarded a compensation of Rs 20.18 lakh by a tribunal here.
Motor Accident Claims Tribunal (MACT) passed the order
for compensation on a plea by the wife of victim Mahesh Kumar
Mudgul, who was an employee of Motor Transport Authority.
The 42-year-old victim was run over by a speeding truck
at a check-post.
The compensation amount included Rs 1.5 lakh for the
"loss of affection" to the family members.
The tribunal directed Oriental Insurance Company, with
which the truck was insured, to pay the complete amount of Rs
20.18 lakh along with an interest of 7.5 per cent from June
2009 within a month.
"Keeping in view the above discussion, a total sum of Rs
20.18 lakh shall be just compensation," said the tribunal.
It said a sum of Rs 2 lakh out of the total compensation
amount shall be kept in fixed deposit in name of three minor
children till they attain adulthood.
The tribunal also allocated Rs 2 lakh for the mother of
the deceased, while saying that his wife will get the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?