Farooq’s fake Twitter account off the net
New Delhi: The fake account of Union
Minister Farooq Abdullah on Sunday went off from the
micro-blogging site with its discreet author apologising to
the minister in a goodbye message.
This came a day after the Minister for New and Renewable
Energy registered a police complaint against unknown persons
for opening a fake Twitter account in his name and posting
"some objectionable, indecorous and intemperate things" on the
Apparently facing the heat of law enforcement agencies,
the author of the account made two entries in his final
messages apologising to the Union Minister and his family for
inconvenience caused by him.
"I had no intention, whatsoever, to tarnish the image of
Mr Abdullah or to cause any harm to his image. This account
was purely meant for fun," the anonymous author said.
Within minutes after posting the final two tweets past 1
PM, the page was off the micro-blogging site. However, police
said that they would be able to trace the account at the
earliest and bring the case to its logical conclusion.
The Minister had yesterday clarified that he had never
opened any such account nor has authorised anyone to do it on
"A complaint in this regard has already been lodged with
Delhi Police with the request to initiate immediate probe in
this regard," the spokesperson said.
Abdullah has expressed his anguish at "such misuse of
social networking sites by unscrupulous elements which are
otherwise a boon for spreading information and freedom of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill