Father killed 16-year-old daughter in Delhi
New Delhi: A father allegedly killed his 16-year-old daughter, who wanted to marry against his wishes, and dumped her body in a drain.
Liyaqat Ali, a motor mechanic, smothered his 16-year-old daughter on May 15 while she was sleeping in their house at Mehrauli area in south Delhi and dumped her body in a drain, police said on Sunday.
After committing the crime, Ali went to his native place Bulandshahr in Uttar Pradesh and lodged a missing complaint for her daughter.
When the girl`s body was recovered from a drain, Delhi police questioned her father, who broke down and told police that he killed his daughter as she wanted to marry against his wishes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state