Father rapes daughter in west Delhi
New Delhi: In a shocking incident, a 14-year-old girl was allegedly sexually assaulted by her own father in west Delhi, police said on Saturday.
The girl filed a complaint four days ago that she was raped by her father, Ramashre, around three months ago when she was alone at home.
"She was sexually assaulted by the accused several times. Four days ago she reported the incident to one of her neighbours, who approached the Crime Against Women (CAW) cell along with the victim, and a case was registered," said a police official.
The girl could not muster courage to tell anyone as the accused had threatened her of dire consequences.
The victim was taken to a government hospital for medical examination where doctors confirmed rape, police said.
A hunt is on to nab the accused who is absconding.
The victim, who is the eldest of five siblings, resides at west Delhi`s Shahbad Dairy along with her parents.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev