Father rapes daughter in west Delhi
New Delhi: In a shocking incident, a 14-year-old girl was allegedly sexually assaulted by her own father in west Delhi, police said on Saturday.
The girl filed a complaint four days ago that she was raped by her father, Ramashre, around three months ago when she was alone at home.
"She was sexually assaulted by the accused several times. Four days ago she reported the incident to one of her neighbours, who approached the Crime Against Women (CAW) cell along with the victim, and a case was registered," said a police official.
The girl could not muster courage to tell anyone as the accused had threatened her of dire consequences.
The victim was taken to a government hospital for medical examination where doctors confirmed rape, police said.
A hunt is on to nab the accused who is absconding.
The victim, who is the eldest of five siblings, resides at west Delhi`s Shahbad Dairy along with her parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today