Father rapes daughter in west Delhi
New Delhi: In a shocking incident, a 14-year-old girl was allegedly sexually assaulted by her own father in west Delhi, police said on Saturday.
The girl filed a complaint four days ago that she was raped by her father, Ramashre, around three months ago when she was alone at home.
"She was sexually assaulted by the accused several times. Four days ago she reported the incident to one of her neighbours, who approached the Crime Against Women (CAW) cell along with the victim, and a case was registered," said a police official.
The girl could not muster courage to tell anyone as the accused had threatened her of dire consequences.
The victim was taken to a government hospital for medical examination where doctors confirmed rape, police said.
A hunt is on to nab the accused who is absconding.
The victim, who is the eldest of five siblings, resides at west Delhi`s Shahbad Dairy along with her parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price