Father rapes daughter in west Delhi
New Delhi: In a shocking incident, a 14-year-old girl was allegedly sexually assaulted by her own father in west Delhi, police said on Saturday.
The girl filed a complaint four days ago that she was raped by her father, Ramashre, around three months ago when she was alone at home.
"She was sexually assaulted by the accused several times. Four days ago she reported the incident to one of her neighbours, who approached the Crime Against Women (CAW) cell along with the victim, and a case was registered," said a police official.
The girl could not muster courage to tell anyone as the accused had threatened her of dire consequences.
The victim was taken to a government hospital for medical examination where doctors confirmed rape, police said.
A hunt is on to nab the accused who is absconding.
The victim, who is the eldest of five siblings, resides at west Delhi`s Shahbad Dairy along with her parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO