Father-son duo arrested for murder in Delhi
New Delhi: A father-son duo was arrested in
the capital for allegedly murdering a youth with whom a girl
of their family had a relationship, police said on Saturday.
Azad (40) and his son Monu (19) were apprehended from
Bawana yesterday in a case of honour killing, Deputy
Commissioner of Police (Outer) Chhaya Sharma said.
Azad and his son allegedly murdered Mahender Singh (23)
on September 14 after they found him in the room of his
daughter, she said. The family reside in Bawana.
During investigation, police questioned relatives of the
deceased and tried to ascertain the motive behind the murder.
The victim`s maternal uncle Kamlesh Kumar raised
suspicion that Azad and his son might have murdered his nephew
due to his relationship with the girl.
The father-son duo told the police that they killed
Singh, who was residing adjacent to their house.
"Azad found him in the room of his daughter. He along
with his son beat up Singh severely and finally they hit him
with hammer. They tied a knot around the deceased neck with
the help of his sleeves and strangled him. Then, they packed
the dead body in a plastic bag, loaded it on a cycle and
dumped it in Bawana Canal," Sharma said.
Azad takes land on contract in the area for growing
flowers. Monu helps his father and mother in the work of
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3 billion India IPO
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley