Festival gift to BPL families: Extra quota of rice
New Delhi: Below Poverty Line (BPL) families
in the city will get an additional quota of rice, wheat and sugar this month as a festival gift from the Delhi government.
Food and Civil Supplies Minister Haroon Yusuf said each BPL family will get an additional three kgs of sugar, four kgs
of rice and 11 kgs of wheat for the month of October at subsidised rates. Delhi has around 4.5 lakh BPL families.
Currently every BPL family gets six kgs of sugar per
month at Rs 13.50 per kg, 10 kgs of rice at Rs 6.15 per kg and 24 kgs of wheat at Rs 4.65 per kg per month.
"We will distribute the additional food articles through
public distribution system," Yusuf said.
Officials said the Centre had given an additional 1158
metric tonne of sugar to Delhi for the month of October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH