Festival gift to BPL families: Extra quota of rice
New Delhi: Below Poverty Line (BPL) families
in the city will get an additional quota of rice, wheat and sugar this month as a festival gift from the Delhi government.
Food and Civil Supplies Minister Haroon Yusuf said each BPL family will get an additional three kgs of sugar, four kgs
of rice and 11 kgs of wheat for the month of October at subsidised rates. Delhi has around 4.5 lakh BPL families.
Currently every BPL family gets six kgs of sugar per
month at Rs 13.50 per kg, 10 kgs of rice at Rs 6.15 per kg and 24 kgs of wheat at Rs 4.65 per kg per month.
"We will distribute the additional food articles through
public distribution system," Yusuf said.
Officials said the Centre had given an additional 1158
metric tonne of sugar to Delhi for the month of October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden