New Delhi: Gaurav Tiwari, the Indian Paranormal Society founder, was found dead under mysterious circumstances on July 7.
According to police, Tiwari had committed suicide by hanging himself in his bathroom in the Dwarka flat.
Based on the preliminary autopsy report, police said his death did not involve any foul play although it is yet to ascertain the reason behind Tiwari taking the extreme step.
Here are a few facts about his life:
- Gaurav Tiwari got married in February this year.
- A former colleague of Gaurav Tiwari said the 32-year-old had floated the idea of making a horror movie last Monday.
- The paranormal investigator was scheduled to begin the shooting of a show on July 15 for a TV channel on ghost busting.
- Although it was earlier reported that Tiwari had complained to his family about some “negative forces”, his colleague Amit Singh said the Indian Paranormal Society founder never believed that forces are negative.
- Gaurav Tiwari's family members were not happy with his ghostbusting activities, often stretching late into the night, as he was not earning much. According to police sources, Tiwari had gone to Janakpuri on the night of July 6 to conduct a paranormal probe. He allegedly had a confrontation with his parents after returning home at 1 am. On the subsequent day, Tiwari was found dead in his bathroom.
- The founder and CEO of the Indian Paranormal Society was "checking e-mails" a few minutes before he died.
- Tiwari had established his firm in 2009 and subsequently constituted full-fledged teams in Delhi, Kolkata, and Mumbai.
- Tiwari had visited over 6,000 haunted locations and probed many hauntings and UFO abductions.
- Gaurav Tiwari had worked on various TV shows including Fear Files, Haunted Weekends with Sunny Leone, Bhoot Aaya, and MTV He Ticket.