FIR lodged against Raj Thackeray for remarks against Bihar natives
New Delhi: An FIR has been lodged against MNS chief Raj Thackeray allegedly for promoting enmity, causing mischief and making statements prejudicial to the national interest by making remarks branding Bihar natives as infiltrators in Mumbai, the Delhi Police told a court here.
Thackeray, who had allegedly threatened to throw Bihar natives out of the state, has been booked under section 153 A (promoting enmity between different groups on ground of place of birth etc), 153 B (making imputations prejudicial to the national interest) and 505 (making statements conducing to public mischief) of the Indian Penal Code.
The Delhi police submitted the copy of the FIR to the court of Metropolitan Magistrate Neeraj Gaur, who on September 27 had directed it to lodge an FIR against Thackeray.
The court`s order and the FIR pertain to a complaint by advocate Prem Shankar Sharma, who had said Thackeray`s August 31 remarks, terming Bihar natives as infiltrators and threatening to throw them out of Maharashtra, are provocative and anti-national, for which an FIR must be lodged against him.
The police had earlier in its action-taken-report over the complaint, told the court that it was facing several legal hurdles in lodging the FIR against the MNS chief as neither the comments were made in the national Capital nor the newspapers which carried them are printed here.
It had said neither the MNS office is situated in the jurisdiction of Subzi Mandi police station here nor any such statement has been made by Thackeray in a place under the jurisdiction of the police station.
The police had also said "the news causing hurt to the complainant has been printed in Noida and Sahibabad, Uttar Pradesh. Hence, the complaint has been forwarded to SSP Ghaziabad for necessary action at their end."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview