Fire at Delhi power substation doused
New Delhi: A major fire broke out at a power substation here on Tuesday afternoon and was extinguished after two hours of intense effort, said a fire service official. No injuries were reported, but power supply was affected in the area.
The blaze was reported from the 220 KV substation located near Crowne Plaza hotel in Okhla area of south Delhi at around 2.40 pm.
"A total of 18 fire tenders were rushed to the spot. The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained. No one was reported injured in the incident," said the official.
Fire fighters wore breathing masks and managed to extinguish the blaze almost two hours later at 4.30 pm.
"Sparks, flames and thick black smoke could be seen billowing high above the row of multi-storeyed buildings near the sub-station located in south Delhi`s Okhla. A significant amount of thick black smoke lay thick over the area," added the official.
More than 25 mega watt (MW) supply of electricity was affected due to the sudden blaze in the substation. One portion of the substation was completely gutted in the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday