Fire at Delhi power substation doused
New Delhi: A major fire broke out at a power substation here on Tuesday afternoon and was extinguished after two hours of intense effort, said a fire service official. No injuries were reported, but power supply was affected in the area.
The blaze was reported from the 220 KV substation located near Crowne Plaza hotel in Okhla area of south Delhi at around 2.40 pm.
"A total of 18 fire tenders were rushed to the spot. The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained. No one was reported injured in the incident," said the official.
Fire fighters wore breathing masks and managed to extinguish the blaze almost two hours later at 4.30 pm.
"Sparks, flames and thick black smoke could be seen billowing high above the row of multi-storeyed buildings near the sub-station located in south Delhi`s Okhla. A significant amount of thick black smoke lay thick over the area," added the official.
More than 25 mega watt (MW) supply of electricity was affected due to the sudden blaze in the substation. One portion of the substation was completely gutted in the fire.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview