Fire at Himalaya House in Delhi, 1 body found
New Delhi: One person died while two were rescued when a major fire broke out in Himalaya House on Kasturba Gandhi Marg in Central Delhi on Monday morning.
Fire department officials informed that one dead body was found on the seventh floor of the building and two people were rescued.
Attempts were being made to control the fire.
Fire officials informed that the fire broke out at 6.20 am on Monday.
CNN-IBN quoted Delhi Fire Services` Director AK Sharma saying that the fire broke out due to an electrical fault.
Reports suggested that the fire that broke out initially on the third floor, but quickly enveloped four more floors of the building.
25 fire tenders were rushed to the spot to contain the inferno.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!