Fire at jungle near JNU
New Delhi: A major fire broke out in the jungles near Jawaharlal Nehru University here Sunday afternoon, engulfing over five acres of land, with wind blowing across the city affecting the fire-fighting operations.
The blaze was reported around 2:30 pm and 12 fire
tenders were rushed to the spot, fire brigade officials said.
The fire fighters said the wind blowing in the area
was making their job difficult as they were not able to put
out the blaze.
"We also experienced shortage of water during the fire
fighting exercise. Winds were blowing and it made our job
difficult. We had to use more water," a senior fire brigade
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch