Fire at jungle near JNU
New Delhi: A major fire broke out in the jungles near Jawaharlal Nehru University here Sunday afternoon, engulfing over five acres of land, with wind blowing across the city affecting the fire-fighting operations.
The blaze was reported around 2:30 pm and 12 fire
tenders were rushed to the spot, fire brigade officials said.
The fire fighters said the wind blowing in the area
was making their job difficult as they were not able to put
out the blaze.
"We also experienced shortage of water during the fire
fighting exercise. Winds were blowing and it made our job
difficult. We had to use more water," a senior fire brigade
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje