New Delhi: Six members of a family,
including four children, sustained serious burn injuries when
a fire broke out in their east Delhi residence due to a gas
leak this morning, fire brigade officials said here.
The blaze was reported from the Shastri Nagar residence
of one Arvind Verma (45) around 6.15 am, they said. Two fire
tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the fire.
Verma, his wife Shobha (40) and their four children were
inside the house when the fire broke out in their kitchen
following leakage of gas from LPG cylinder.
Three of them -- Arvind, Shobha and their youngest
daughter -- are stated to be in a critical condition, the
The injured were rescued from the house and were rushed
to a nearby hospital.
Verma and Shobha suffered 90 per cent and 80 per cent
burns respectively. The youngest daughter Kanchan, who is also
in a critical condition, suffered 60 per cent burns.
Kanchan`s three siblings are in a stable condition,