Fire breaks out in Delhi home; 6 of a family suffer injuries
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Monday, March 15, 2010, 19:42
  
New Delhi: Six members of a family, including four children, sustained serious burn injuries when a fire broke out in their east Delhi residence due to a gas leak this morning, fire brigade officials said here.

The blaze was reported from the Shastri Nagar residence of one Arvind Verma (45) around 6.15 am, they said. Two fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the fire.

Verma, his wife Shobha (40) and their four children were inside the house when the fire broke out in their kitchen following leakage of gas from LPG cylinder.

Three of them -- Arvind, Shobha and their youngest daughter -- are stated to be in a critical condition, the officials said.

The injured were rescued from the house and were rushed to a nearby hospital.

Verma and Shobha suffered 90 per cent and 80 per cent burns respectively. The youngest daughter Kanchan, who is also in a critical condition, suffered 60 per cent burns.

Kanchan's three siblings are in a stable condition, they said.

PTI


First Published: Monday, March 15, 2010, 19:42


comments powered by Disqus