Fire in CRPF headquarters at CGO Complex
New Delhi: A fire engulfed a floor of the CRPF headquarters here on Friday evening.
According to fire officials, the blaze was reported from the third floor of the building located in the Central Government Offices (CGOs) complex here at about 6.45pm.
A total of six water tenders were rushed to the spot, they said, adding the extent of damage will be known later in the evening.
CRPF sources said some papers and documents of the communication branch located on the floor have been gutted in the blaze and the exact cause of the fire is being ascertained.
No casualties have been reported and senior officials have reached the spot, sources said.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) headquarters is a four-storey building and is located next to the National Informatics Centre office in the same complex.
A blaze was reported from the same building in June last year and the public relations office of the force on ground floor was gutted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- UN General Assembly President-elect calls on PM Narendra Modi
- Vijay Mallya deliberately concealing his assets, banks to SC
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Kriti Sanon went for a Thailand vacation? Here's the truth!
- Bulandshahr rape: SC pulls up UP Govt, Azam Khan over controversial remark - Details inside
- Scorpene data leak 'a matter of serious concern', asked DCNS for urgent probe: Navy Chief Sunil Lanba