Fire in CRPF headquarters at CGO Complex
New Delhi: A fire engulfed a floor of the CRPF headquarters here on Friday evening.
According to fire officials, the blaze was reported from the third floor of the building located in the Central Government Offices (CGOs) complex here at about 6.45pm.
A total of six water tenders were rushed to the spot, they said, adding the extent of damage will be known later in the evening.
CRPF sources said some papers and documents of the communication branch located on the floor have been gutted in the blaze and the exact cause of the fire is being ascertained.
No casualties have been reported and senior officials have reached the spot, sources said.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) headquarters is a four-storey building and is located next to the National Informatics Centre office in the same complex.
A blaze was reported from the same building in June last year and the public relations office of the force on ground floor was gutted.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed