Fire in CRPF headquarters at CGO Complex
New Delhi: A fire engulfed a floor of the CRPF headquarters here on Friday evening.
According to fire officials, the blaze was reported from the third floor of the building located in the Central Government Offices (CGOs) complex here at about 6.45pm.
A total of six water tenders were rushed to the spot, they said, adding the extent of damage will be known later in the evening.
CRPF sources said some papers and documents of the communication branch located on the floor have been gutted in the blaze and the exact cause of the fire is being ascertained.
No casualties have been reported and senior officials have reached the spot, sources said.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) headquarters is a four-storey building and is located next to the National Informatics Centre office in the same complex.
A blaze was reported from the same building in June last year and the public relations office of the force on ground floor was gutted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy