Fire in east Delhi slum cluster
New Delhi: A fire broke out in a slum
cluster in east Delhi early this morning gutting around 500
dwellings, fire brigade officials said.
The fire broke out around 6.30 am and 20 fire tenders
brought it under control within an hour, the officials said.
No one was injured in the blaze, they said.
According to officials, around 500 dwellings and piles of
plastic were gutted in the fire, the cause of which is yet to
The same slum cluster had witnessed a major fire in 2010
when a high voltage electricity line fell on it gutting over
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study
- Nico Hulkenberg brings one point for Force India from Hungry