Fire in east Delhi slum cluster
New Delhi: A fire broke out in a slum
cluster in east Delhi early this morning gutting around 500
dwellings, fire brigade officials said.
The fire broke out around 6.30 am and 20 fire tenders
brought it under control within an hour, the officials said.
No one was injured in the blaze, they said.
According to officials, around 500 dwellings and piles of
plastic were gutted in the fire, the cause of which is yet to
The same slum cluster had witnessed a major fire in 2010
when a high voltage electricity line fell on it gutting over
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption