Fire in east Delhi slum cluster
New Delhi: A fire broke out in a slum
cluster in east Delhi early this morning gutting around 500
dwellings, fire brigade officials said.
The fire broke out around 6.30 am and 20 fire tenders
brought it under control within an hour, the officials said.
No one was injured in the blaze, they said.
According to officials, around 500 dwellings and piles of
plastic were gutted in the fire, the cause of which is yet to
The same slum cluster had witnessed a major fire in 2010
when a high voltage electricity line fell on it gutting over
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Probe ordered into killing of snake charmer in Madhya Pradesh
- Maharashtra govt to write to PM for CBI probe into disappearance of tiger
- Gujarat Assembly committee raps GSPC for 'over confidence'
- Head constable arrested for taking bribe
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie