Fire in east Delhi slum cluster
New Delhi: A fire broke out in a slum
cluster in east Delhi early this morning gutting around 500
dwellings, fire brigade officials said.
The fire broke out around 6.30 am and 20 fire tenders
brought it under control within an hour, the officials said.
No one was injured in the blaze, they said.
According to officials, around 500 dwellings and piles of
plastic were gutted in the fire, the cause of which is yet to
The same slum cluster had witnessed a major fire in 2010
when a high voltage electricity line fell on it gutting over
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre