Fire in east Delhi slum cluster
New Delhi: A fire broke out in a slum
cluster in east Delhi early this morning gutting around 500
dwellings, fire brigade officials said.
The fire broke out around 6.30 am and 20 fire tenders
brought it under control within an hour, the officials said.
No one was injured in the blaze, they said.
According to officials, around 500 dwellings and piles of
plastic were gutted in the fire, the cause of which is yet to
The same slum cluster had witnessed a major fire in 2010
when a high voltage electricity line fell on it gutting over
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know