close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Fire scare at Shastri Bhavan

Smoke was on Monday seen billowing out of a room on the fourth floor of the Shastri Bhavan here, the Delhi Fire Service said.



New Delhi: Smoke was on Monday seen billowing out of a room on the fourth floor of the Shastri Bhavan here, the Delhi Fire Service said.

Located in the heart of the city, Shastri Bhavan houses offices of at least 18 central ministries.

A Delhi Fire Service official said that there was "no visible fire" involved in the incident and the smoke was caused by sparking in electrical wiring in the room.

"We had got a call around 6:20 PM following which four fire tenders were rushed to the spot. There was smoke coming out of a room on the fourth floor of the building. It was due to sparks in a wire. Things were brought under control by 6:40 PM," a DFS official said.  

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions