Firing outside MLA`s house in Delhi
New Delhi: Unidentified persons opened fire outside the house of an MLA in north-west Delhi this morning, prompting Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit to raise concerns about security in the capital.
The firing took place in front of the house of Anil Bharadwaj (48), Congress legislator from Trinagar constituency, in Chanderlok area of Subhash Place, police said.
No one was injured in the incident.
A senior police official said investigations are on to identify the culprits and nab them.
The incident created a furore in the Delhi Assembly with Dikshit`s Parliamentary Secretary Mukesh Sharma raising the matter.
All the Congress MLAs were on their feet soon after the issue was raised and amid pandemonium, the House was adjourned.
In the House, Dikshit said security is a "major issue".
She also said the Police Commissioner should come to the House and explain the situation in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- ICSI Professional Programme Examination Result June 2016 declared; check icsi.edu, Company Secretaries (CS) Examination Results
- 'Suicide attempt by Nirbhaya rape convict raises questions about jail security drills'
- Iranian Navy in 'unsafe' intercept of US destroyer: Official
- Oops! Iulia Vantur 'just friends' with Salman Khan? Full story inside
- Narendra Modi poorer than many of his Union Cabinet colleagues