Firing outside MLA`s house in Delhi
New Delhi: Unidentified persons opened fire outside the house of an MLA in north-west Delhi this morning, prompting Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit to raise concerns about security in the capital.
The firing took place in front of the house of Anil Bharadwaj (48), Congress legislator from Trinagar constituency, in Chanderlok area of Subhash Place, police said.
No one was injured in the incident.
A senior police official said investigations are on to identify the culprits and nab them.
The incident created a furore in the Delhi Assembly with Dikshit`s Parliamentary Secretary Mukesh Sharma raising the matter.
All the Congress MLAs were on their feet soon after the issue was raised and amid pandemonium, the House was adjourned.
In the House, Dikshit said security is a "major issue".
She also said the Police Commissioner should come to the House and explain the situation in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra