Five arrested for digging illegal borewells
Chandigarh: In the wake of four-year-old Mahi`s death after falling into a borewell near Manesar, the Gurgaon district administration on Thursday arrested five persons for allegedly digging borewells at two different places in Gurgaon.
Mahender, Surender and Anil, residents of village Garhi-Harsaru, and two unidentified persons from Ashok Vihar, phase 3 were arrested, an official spokesman said today.
Two separate cases have been registered against them under IPC section 188 (Disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) and 34 (Acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention).
Mahi died after falling into a 70-feet borewell at Kho village near Manesar on June 20 while playing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune