Five arrested for digging illegal borewells
Chandigarh: In the wake of four-year-old Mahi`s death after falling into a borewell near Manesar, the Gurgaon district administration on Thursday arrested five persons for allegedly digging borewells at two different places in Gurgaon.
Mahender, Surender and Anil, residents of village Garhi-Harsaru, and two unidentified persons from Ashok Vihar, phase 3 were arrested, an official spokesman said today.
Two separate cases have been registered against them under IPC section 188 (Disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) and 34 (Acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention).
Mahi died after falling into a 70-feet borewell at Kho village near Manesar on June 20 while playing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM