Five arrested for digging illegal borewells
Chandigarh: In the wake of four-year-old Mahi`s death after falling into a borewell near Manesar, the Gurgaon district administration on Thursday arrested five persons for allegedly digging borewells at two different places in Gurgaon.
Mahender, Surender and Anil, residents of village Garhi-Harsaru, and two unidentified persons from Ashok Vihar, phase 3 were arrested, an official spokesman said today.
Two separate cases have been registered against them under IPC section 188 (Disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) and 34 (Acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention).
Mahi died after falling into a 70-feet borewell at Kho village near Manesar on June 20 while playing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon