Five arrested for murders of mother-son duo
Ghaziabad: A woman was among five persons arrested for their alleged role in the murders of a mother-son duo earlier this month in Mahendra Enclave area of the district.
Salma (35) and her 18-year-old son were allegedly murdered by her neighbour Wasim and his four accomplices due to a personal enmity, police said.
Narrating the incident the police said, on January 11 Sabnam, one of accused, had asked Salma to come to a beauty parlor in Shastri Nagar area of Ghaziabad.
"As Sabnam happened to be her friend, Salma along with her son Alam reached the spot. The duo were then taken to Mahendra Enclave area where they were stabbed to death by Wasim, Aarif, Shanne, Sabnam and Azar.
"Their bodies were set on fire to hide their identities. Thereafter, all the five accused fled the spot," said a senior police officer.
The accused were arrested from Shastri Nagar area yesterday and have confessed to the crime, police said.
"Wasim told the police he had hatched a plan to kill Salma due to personal enmity, as she had registered a case against him," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends