Five arrested for murders of mother-son duo
Ghaziabad: A woman was among five persons arrested for their alleged role in the murders of a mother-son duo earlier this month in Mahendra Enclave area of the district.
Salma (35) and her 18-year-old son were allegedly murdered by her neighbour Wasim and his four accomplices due to a personal enmity, police said.
Narrating the incident the police said, on January 11 Sabnam, one of accused, had asked Salma to come to a beauty parlor in Shastri Nagar area of Ghaziabad.
"As Sabnam happened to be her friend, Salma along with her son Alam reached the spot. The duo were then taken to Mahendra Enclave area where they were stabbed to death by Wasim, Aarif, Shanne, Sabnam and Azar.
"Their bodies were set on fire to hide their identities. Thereafter, all the five accused fled the spot," said a senior police officer.
The accused were arrested from Shastri Nagar area yesterday and have confessed to the crime, police said.
"Wasim told the police he had hatched a plan to kill Salma due to personal enmity, as she had registered a case against him," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Amitabh clears air about NDA's 2-year anniversary event, says only hosting segment on girl child campaign
- 'Banjo' motion poster: Watch the brilliant backdrop flavoured with powerful Indian beats!
- Five brilliant tips on age management!
- World's 60 million refugees need 2.78 mn surgeries a year
- PM Modi congratulates Mamata on her second innings as West Bengal CM