Five juveniles, who escaped last month, murder woman in Delhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi Police’s Crime Branch has arrested five suspects in connection with the murder of a woman in East Delhi.
Among five held for the murder of Madhubala Gupta, wife of a jeweller, in New Ashok Nagar include two juveniles who had escaped along with three others from a correctional home here last month.
Police sources said a pistol each was recovered from the two juveniles. The three other juveniles are also suspected to be involved in the crime and police are on the lookout for them.
The suspects had murdered the woman on November 7 at her New Ashok Nagar house and decamped with around 50 kilograms of silver jewellery.
Police said they have recovered the stolen jewellery from the houses of two suspects.
According to police, the juveniles had posed as courier boys before barging into the house. The woman was killed when she tried to stop them from robbing the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border