Five juveniles, who escaped last month, murder woman in Delhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi Police’s Crime Branch has arrested five suspects in connection with the murder of a woman in East Delhi.
Among five held for the murder of Madhubala Gupta, wife of a jeweller, in New Ashok Nagar include two juveniles who had escaped along with three others from a correctional home here last month.
Police sources said a pistol each was recovered from the two juveniles. The three other juveniles are also suspected to be involved in the crime and police are on the lookout for them.
The suspects had murdered the woman on November 7 at her New Ashok Nagar house and decamped with around 50 kilograms of silver jewellery.
Police said they have recovered the stolen jewellery from the houses of two suspects.
According to police, the juveniles had posed as courier boys before barging into the house. The woman was killed when she tried to stop them from robbing the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog