Five juveniles, who escaped last month, murder woman in Delhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi Police’s Crime Branch has arrested five suspects in connection with the murder of a woman in East Delhi.
Among five held for the murder of Madhubala Gupta, wife of a jeweller, in New Ashok Nagar include two juveniles who had escaped along with three others from a correctional home here last month.
Police sources said a pistol each was recovered from the two juveniles. The three other juveniles are also suspected to be involved in the crime and police are on the lookout for them.
The suspects had murdered the woman on November 7 at her New Ashok Nagar house and decamped with around 50 kilograms of silver jewellery.
Police said they have recovered the stolen jewellery from the houses of two suspects.
According to police, the juveniles had posed as courier boys before barging into the house. The woman was killed when she tried to stop them from robbing the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months