Five juveniles, who escaped last month, murder woman in Delhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi Police’s Crime Branch has arrested five suspects in connection with the murder of a woman in East Delhi.
Among five held for the murder of Madhubala Gupta, wife of a jeweller, in New Ashok Nagar include two juveniles who had escaped along with three others from a correctional home here last month.
Police sources said a pistol each was recovered from the two juveniles. The three other juveniles are also suspected to be involved in the crime and police are on the lookout for them.
The suspects had murdered the woman on November 7 at her New Ashok Nagar house and decamped with around 50 kilograms of silver jewellery.
Police said they have recovered the stolen jewellery from the houses of two suspects.
According to police, the juveniles had posed as courier boys before barging into the house. The woman was killed when she tried to stop them from robbing the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- Parliament passes bill to allow kids below 14 to be engaged in 'home-based work'
- NASA discovers alien solar system with tighlty packed planets in unsusual orbits
- PMO directs Niti Aayog to work on restructuring of UGC, AICTE
- Roger Federer pulls out of Rio Olympics following ongoing knee trouble
- Super 30 founder wants 'level playing field' for marginalised students at IIT entrance