Five Metro stations to be closed partially Tuesday
New Delhi: Five Metro stations in central Delhi will be closed for a few hours during the Beating Retreat ceremony Tuesday, a Delhi Metro official said.
Patel Chowk, Central Secretariat, Udyog Bhawan, Khan Market and Race Course will remained closed from 3 p.m to 6.30 p.m. Jan 29 when Beating Retreat ceremony is held in Vijay Chowk at the foot of Raisina Hill, opposite Rashtrapati Bhavan.
"The Rajiv Chowk metro station which is usually closed will remain opened for the passenger service," the official added.
However, interchange of passengers from Line 2 (HUDA City Centre - Jahangirpuri) to Line 6 (Central Secretariat - Badarpur) and vice versa will be allowed at Central Secretariat.
"On Line six, passenger services will be available only from Badarpur to Jawaharlal Nehru stadium. However, interchange facility will be available at Central Secretariat," the statement added.
The stations will reopen after the ceremony is over.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India