Five rapes reported in capital in last three days
New Delhi: A woman was gang-raped in a moving car and four minors were raped in separate incidents in the last three days in the capital, police said on Wednesday.
The first incident was reported from north-east Delhi`s Welcome area on Monday night in which the 25-year-old woman was raped allegedly by four people in the moving car.
The woman, who is separated from her husband and searching for a job, was spotted by a police patrol van near a dust bin in an unconscious state.
She was rushed to the Guru Teg Bahadur hospital where her condition is stated to be out of danger.
Police said the woman had asked Yashdev, an accused, to help her in getting a job and on Monday evening, he called her in the pretext of offering her a job.
When she reached, three of his friends joined him and allegedly offered her drinks laced with sedatives, they said quoting the woman. Yashdev was arrested after a medical examination confirmed rape.
Another case was reported from Anand Vihar area where an eight-year-old girl was raped by an unidentified person this morning. The victim was found lying in a pool of blood and she is undergoing treated in a hospital.
A 14-year-old girl was raped allegedly by a 16-year-old boy at knife-point in Gokulpuri area yesterday. In the fourth incident reported from Ranhola yesterday, a 12-year-old girl was sexually assaulted by her relative.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?